Thursday 9 August 2007

It's a good NDP at Marina Bay

That was a good parade at the Marina Bay. I really enjoyed myself. As I was walking down to my seat, I could feel the crowd's adulation. This is my third year as PM, but it always feels like the first time. It's become second nature to me. Smile and wave at the crowd. It's all worth it.

I enjoyed watching the parade from my vantage point. Seeing all of the performers' faces wet with perspiration. It reminded me of when I performed at the NDP years back. My face was wet from the rain. My uniform was drenched. Do you know what it's like to be soaking wet? But I couldn't back down. Everyone was watching me. The PM's son. If I quit, everyone quit. But I couldn't quit. Not for Daddy.

They say that every year's performance gets better and better. Well, they should! We're throwing millions of dollars into making the greatest show on Earth! You know, you haven't lived until you've been to one of our parades "live". They are that good. Oscar-worthy. Just ask the thousands of spectators.

And what better way to end it than with fireworks. Absolutely spectacular. The crowds lap it up. Fireworks explode, the crowd cheers. More fireworks go up, the crowd goes wild. We can't throw enough fireworks. They always want more fireworks. We've banned the public from launching fireworks, so we throw them this bone and they chew it up. Like I said, it's all worth it.

Now, I'm going to sit back and just relax for a little. Maybe I'll give George a call, ask him if he saw the fireworks. He loves explosions.

No comments: